Prosper ISD offers a half-day Pre-Kindergarten program for children who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2018, and who live in the Prosper ISD attendance zone AND meet one or more of the following eligibility criteria established by the State of Texas:
The following documents will be needed in order to register:• Copy of Birth Certificate or passport• Copy of the child's Social Security Card• Proof of Residence - Copy of utility bill, rental or lease agreement
- Limited English Proficient (the child will be given an English proficiency test to determine this qualification)
- Educationally Disadvantaged, which means the child is eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program. Parent will need to provide a copy of the previous year's tax return, W-2 forms, two most recent pay stubs, and any other documentation of income. See chart below.
Income Eligibility Family Size Annually Monthly Twice Per
Weekly 1 $22,459 $1,872 $936 $864 $432 2 $30,451 $2,538 $1,269 $1,172 $586 3 $38,443 $3,204 $1,601 $1,479 $740 4 $46,435 $3,870 $1,935 $1,786 $893 5 $54,427 $4,536 $2,268 $2,094 $1,047 6 $62,419 $5,202 $2,601 $2,401 $1,201 7 $70,411 $5,868 $2,934 $2,709 $1,355 8 $78,403 $6,534 $3,267 $3,016 $1,508 For each
+7,992 +666 +333 +308 +154
- Homeless-Parents must complete the required district documentation and wait for approval
- Military-Parent/Guardian is currently an active member of the armed forces of the United States, was killed or injured while serving. Military ID is required for documentation of active service or Purple Heart documentation
- Foster Care-Parent must provide letter from DFPS declaring eligibility
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, firefighter, or emergency medical first responder-Parent must provide the resolution (certificate) awarded
• Copy of parent/guardian driver's license• Copy of immunization records (all shots must be current to register)
• Proper documentation for qualifying (see notes above)Please note the following information regarding our Pre-K program
- The Pre-K program is for qualifying students who are 4 years old on or before September 1st of the school year which they will be attending Pre-K. Students who are 5 years old on or before September 1 would attend kindergarten.
- Tuition spots are not available
- The program is a half-day program.
- The Pre-K program will be housed at Light Farms Elementary for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Transportation will not be provided.
- Breakfast and/or lunch will not be served. Students can bring a snack.
For 2018-2019 registration, please contact Kimberly MacDonagh, Light Farms Elementary Registrar at email@example.com or 469-219-2140.
For program questions, contact: